Monday, November 7, 2016

Fed Up #9 - I Can't Relate: Disney Springs

It's TAP-G's turn to take over for a solo segment! With all the changes happening along Central Florida's parks, it's turned attention away from one of the biggest transformations to happen in nearly a decade: the complete transmogrification of the Downtown Disney area into the hip, hot, trendy and 'happening' Disney Springs. Sure, there are Downtown Disney-esque elements still in place, as several of the shops that made it truly unique still exist, and you can still play in DisneyQuest (for now!) or catch the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba. As it is, Disney Springs has undergone such radical change that you can barely recognize the place if it's been more than maybe about a year since you've been. Towering parking garages, trendy new shops and restaurants...you could probably drop thrice in one day if your motif is to "shop 'til you drop," as it were.

Needless to say, I can't relate. What can I say, I'm a nostalgia nut whose first visits to Disney World back in Far-Too-Long-Ago Land seriously impacted me in many positive ways. So, to see what it's all become is, to steal from my buddy SurferClock's favorite film series, "kinda heavy."

I'm not saying EVERYTHING about it is terrible, there are some really nice things about it, things we didn't have before. And in today's Fed Up, I'm going to lay it all out on the table. If you can't tell from the title, it's mostly a case of "I Can't Relate," but give it a listen, and feel free to share your own thoughts as well. Keep it civil, though, please and thank you.

Fed Up #9 - I Can't Relate: Disney Springs on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment